Christopher Jelich, M.Sc.
Measuring damping of sandwich materials
Acoustic properties are important objective quantities in the structural design process of thin-walled lightweight structures. Due to increased demands on consumer and investment goods, the acoustical and structural dynamical behavior is becoming increasingly important. In this context, the damping of a structure is an essential parameter. Both the experimental and the numerical analysis of the damping is therefore an important part of the development process. In the case of complex material systems, such as composite and sandwich structures, with partly nonlinear behavior, both measuring and modeling of damping is becoming more difficult. Facing damping properties which are additionally depending on the location, e.g. due to inhomogeneities in the material or due to manufacturing uncertainties, lead to a further increase in complexity.
In this context, the damping properties of strongly damped sandwich structures are to be determined experimentally at first. In particular, nonlinearities as well as the location dependence of the damping parameters are considered in more detail. In the second part, the experimentally determined damping properties are to be analyzed numerically, taking into account material and model uncertainties.
- Computational vibro-acoustics
- Finite & boundary element method (FEM & BEM)
- Fast multipole method and hierarchical matrix formats
- Iterative Krylov methods
Winter term 2019/20
|Title||Course no.||Dates||Duration||Type||Lecturer (assistant)|
|Vibroacoustic Finite Element Simulations in Virtual Prototyping||0000000069||4||PR|
- A greedy reduced basis scheme for multi‐frequency solution of structural acoustic systems. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 2019 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Anwendung des Greedy-Verfahrens zur Lösung der akustischen Helmholtzgleichung in einem breiten Frequenzbereich. Fortschritte der Akustik - DAGA: 45. Jahrestagung für Akustik, 18.-21. März, DEGA e.V., 2019 more… BibTeX
- Iterative Lösungsverfahren fÜr die Randelementemethode am Beispiel der akustischen Helmholtzgleichung. Fortschritte der Akustik - DAGA 2018 - 44. JAHRESTAGUNG FÜR AKUSTIK,19.-22. MäRZ 2018, DEGA e.V., 2018 more… BibTeX
- Iterative Solution Schemes for the Acoustic Boundary Element Method. INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON Congress and Conference Proceedings 257 (1), 2018, 146-152 more… BibTeX